FAQs Sydnor Flats
- Is the community pet friendly?
- Is there parking available?
- When is rent due/ How do I pay rent?
- Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft, or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?
- What if I have a maintenance issue or need in my apartment?
- What furniture is provided and what is included in the kitchen?
- How do I receive mail and packages?
Yes, Sydnor Flats is pet friendly. We currently allow up to two pets per apartment, with a maximum weight of 65 lbs. Breed restrictions apply. Contact the Leasing Office for more details on requirements and associated fees.
Yes! Sydnor Flats is walking distance to local restaurants, grocery stores, and minutes from the popular urban retail shopping district, Carytown.
Yes, we have a private parking lot for an additional monthly fee or street parking on a first come first served basis. All residents must display a parking decal at all times.
Rent is due on the 1st of every month; however there is a grace
period until the 4th. On the 5th, rent is considered late and
subject to a fine.
For your convenience, you can pay online via the property’s website (click on PAY RENT under the RESIDENTS section of our website) using a debit/credit card, set up an automatic withdrawal, or Echeck. We do not accept cash, physical checks or money orders.
Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft, or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?
Residents or guest's personal property and vehicles are not insured under the apartment lease agreement. We do require that all residents provide proof of insurance against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal negligent acts of others or any other cause. You can purchase a Renter's Insurance policy for a modest annual fee Please ask the Leasing Office for more information.
Non-emergency service requests (choose whichever option works
best for you):
• Submit a Service Request online using Resident Portal. (Click MAINTENANCE under RESIDENTS on the website to set up an account.) Follow the prompts to complete the service request.
• Call the office and speak with a Sydnor Flats team member or leave a message if your call is after the office is closed.
For emergency situations (water leaks, and toilet back-up's, AC or Heating issues during weather extremes, non-functioning refrigerators, electrical outages, gas leaks and fire):
• Call the leasing office. We have someone available 24/7.
Sydnor Flats Apartments are unfurnished; however we do work with several different rental furniture companies that we would be happy to refer you to, if necessary. Kitchens include a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and a waste disposal.
Mail - Resident mail is delivered by the US Postal Service to
your assigned mailbox. At move-in, you will receive a mailbox key.
When you move-out, if you want to have your mail forwarded, you
will need to complete a Change of Address Form with the local US
Post Office (the community office often has these handy).
Packages - Packages will be delivered to the Amazon Hub and can be retrieved 24/7 with your unique pickup code. If the lockers are full or if any oversized packages are delivered, they will be available for pickup in the office during business hours with proper ID.